1. Liu, Rui Hai, “Health benefits of fruit and vegetables are from additive and synergistic combinations of phytochemicals,” Am J Clin Nutr 2003;78(suppl):517S–20S
2. Ochiai R, Chikama A, Kataoka K, et al. Effects of hydroxyhydroquinone-reduced coffee on vasoreactivity and blood pressure Hypertens Res. 2009 Nov;32(11):969-74.
3. Haskell CF, Kennedy DO, Milne AL, Wesnes KA, Scholey AB (2008). “The effects of l-theanine, caffeine and their combination on cognition and mood”. Biol Psychol 77 (2): 113–22.
4. Jung HA, Su BN, Keller WJ, Mehta RG, Kinghorn AD (March 2006). “Antioxidant xanthones from the pericarp of Garcinia mangostana (Mangosteen)”. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 54 (6): 2077–82.
5. Suwalsky, M, et al; “Human erythrocytes are affected in vitro by flavonoids of Aristotelia chilensis (Maqui) leaves;” Int J Pharm. 20008 Nov 3; 363(1-2):85-90.
6. Escribano-Bailón MT, Alcalde-Eon C, Muñoz O, Rivas-Gonzalo JC, Santos-Buelga C (2006). “Anthocyanins in berries of Maqui (Aristotelia chilensis (Mol.) Stuntz)”. Phytochem Anal 17 (1: Jan-Feb): 8–14
7. Wang, Mian-Ying; et al (2009). “Antioxidant activity of noni juice in heavy smokers”. Chemistry Central Journal 3: 13.
8. Dharmananda S. Sea buckthorn, Institute of Traditional Medicine Online, 2004
9. Drake, Victoria J. Ph.D., Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Carotenoids & Health Laboratory, 2009, June. http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/phytochemicals/carotenoids/#metabolism
10. Juneja LR, Chu D-C, Okubo T, et al. L-theanine a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans. Trends Food Sci Tech 1999; 10:199-204.
11. Juneja, LR; Chu, DC; Okubo, T; Nagato, Y; Yokogoshi, H. (1999). “L-Theanine - a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans”. Trends in Food Science & Technology 10 (2): 199–204.
12. Yokozawa T, Dong E. Influence of green tea and its three major components upon low-density lipoprotein oxidation. Exp Toxicol Pathol 1997; 49(5):329-335.
13. Kakuda T, Nozawa A, Unno T, et al. Inhibiting effects of theanine on caffeine stimulation evaluated by EEG in the rat. Biosci Biotechno Biochem 2000; 64:287-293.
14. Mason R. 200 mg of Zen; L-theanine boosts alpha waves, promotes alert relaxation. Alternative & Complementary Therapies 2001, April; 7:91-95
15. Shimoda, Hiroshi, et al. “Inhibitory effect of green coffee bean extract on fat accumulation and body weight gain in mice,” Oryza Oil & Fat Chemical Co., Ltd., Research & Development Division, 1 Numata Kitagata-cho, Ichinomiya, Aichi 493-8001, Japan. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2006; 6: 9.
16. Tadic VM, Dobric S, Markovic GM, Dordevic SM, Arsic IA, Menkovic NR, Stevic T. Anti-inflammatory, gastroprotective, free-radical-scavenging, and antimicrobial activities of hawthorn berries ethanol extract. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Sep 10; 56(17):7700-9.
17. Schandry R, Duschek S. The effect of Camphor-Crataegus berry extract combination on blood pressure and mental functions in chronic hypotension - a randomized placebo controlled double blind design. Phytomedicine. 2008 Oct 15.
18. Fugh-Berman A. Herbs and dietary supplements in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Prev Cardiol. 2000;3(1):24-32.
19. Gyllenhaal C. Efficacy and safety of herbal stimulants and sedatives in sleep disorders. Sleep Med Rev. 2000;4(2).
20. Sarris, J; Panossian, A; Schweitzer, I; Stough, C; Scholey, A (December 2011). “Herbal medicine for depression, anxiety, and insomnia: a review of psychopharmacology and clinical evidence”. European neuropsychopharmacology 21. (12): 841–860. doi:10.1016/j.euroneuro.2011.04.002. PMID 21601431.
21. Khayyal MT, el-Ghazaly MA, Kenawy SA, et al. Antiulcerogenic effect of some gastrointestinally acting plant extracts and their combination. Arzneimittelforschung 2001;51(7):545-553.
22. Martins MD, Marques MM, Bussadori SK, Martins MA, Pavesi VC, Mesquita-Ferrari RA, Fernandes KP. Comparative analysis between Chamomilla recutita and corticosteroids on wound healing. An in vitro and in vivo study. Phytother Res. 2009 Feb;23(2):274-8.